Saturday, January 31, 2009

experiment results: kelly

Sorry for my absence these past three days. I've been a busy girl.

I wore my heartband & watch from midnight to midnight (despite the ridiculously uncomfortable squeezy band) and here are the results:
24 hours
2486 calories
Lethargicism

I thought that was kinda interesting. I didn't think it would be quite that high, but it was. After the first 8 hours (when I woke up) it was at about 860, so it looks like I burn about 100 per hour while sleeping. The rest of the day I was sitting in the car. The only walking I even did was into dinner at the Cracker Barrel (with all that butter...mmm).

My husband made a good point in saying that the watch is only counting the calories you are burning according to your heartrate. It doesn't count all of the calories burned internally during digestion & by your basic metabolism. Means we are burning even more than we think!

Notes:
Looks like I need to eat more during the day because I'm not even getting close to 1800 probably. I might start paying a little more attention to my intake. Besides that, I really need to get back into workouts. I'll catch you up on that in a second post.

Anybody else interested in doing your own experiment? I want to have someone to compare my numbers to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment