Monday, January 5, 2009

not off to a good start: tyly.

Wearing nothing but comfy sweats and baggy t shirts the past 2 weeks of vacation did me no favors.  I had no idea how bad it had gotten until I tried to wear my work clothes this morning!  This morning's weigh in and attempt at getting dressed was more than enough to let me know that healthy living is WAY overdue.

I must say that I truly, truly thought about lying about my weight.  That's how ashamed I am of it.  I really did consider shaving off a few pounds, but not only would that by lying to my friends, it would be lying to myself.  I'll just tell myself that it will be even more impressive of a loss when I'm back to where I want to be.   Gotta find something positive, right?  I'm seriously so embarrassed.  I had no idea it had gotten so out of hand.

Weight:  165.2 lbs
Body Fat:  31.3 %
Muscle Mass:  49.6 %
Bone Mass:  8.3 %
Body Water:  46.3 %

Ugh.  So there it is.

I did a really good job with my eating today, but the exercise didn't happen.  I know.  Initially I was planning to take Mondays off because of James's basketball games, but I was thinking about it earlier (while remembering my weight and wearing pants that are too tight), and I decided not to give myself that excuse.  My plan was to rush home after school, do my new Biggest Loser DVD, then go to James's games at 5:30.  No problem, right?  Well, I had a meeting for a child today that started at 1:00 and didn't end until 4:45!  Yes, a three hour and forty five minute meeting concerning ONE child!  So by the time I gathered all my things and ran out the door (does that count as exercise?), I barely made it to James's games on time!  The games start at 5:30, and both the A and B teams play (he coaches both).  Each game is 4 quarters long... so 8 quarters of basketball later, I am just now getting home at 9:00.  I am not about to start my routine of exercise, shower, blow dry and straighten my hair at 9:00!  9:00 is my bedtime!!  I'm sorry to let everyone down!  I tried hard, I promise!  On a positive note, I did not sit on the couch all day long.  Being at school definitely makes me way more active.

It can only get better from here, right?

6 comments:

  1. You're fine! It's not like you tried to make excuses to get out of exercising. You were going to take off Mondays anyway, and even if you still do, you will be burning enough calories on the rest of the days. Believe me!! It's a lot!! Good for you for being honest and just get started tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for that, Emily!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No apologies needed -- for anything! I can't believe that you're 165. I think you lied and said you weighed more than you really do. ;) I just saw you for cryin' out loud! You looked amazing!! If that's what 165 looks like then I'll take it!

    Don't get discouraged -- it can only get better from here on out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are far too kind! :o)

    I keep telling myself it will only get better from here!

    I'm really glad I joined this. Thanks again for creating it, Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't living life to exercise, you are exercising to live better, but things happen. Life happens. I think we are all here to encourage, not scold. Here's to Day 2!!

    And yeah thanks Cass- this really does help motivate a lot, if it weren't for the blog, today would be a rest day! My rest days somtimes snowball into weeks without working out- so hooray blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being honest about everything. You are one of my weight-loss heroes, and I know that you'll get right back on track. Don't let a few extra (annoying!) pounds and one missed day bum you out for too long. :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete