Wednesday, January 7, 2009

day 3: kelly

I woke up sore in my shoulders and 'on fire' soreness was happening in my calves from kickboxing last night. Whew! It was ROUGH getting through our gym workout today, but I am proud of myself. Several times when I was on the machines, I wanted to cut a couple minutes off of my goal time, but I struggled and pushed through and am happy about that.

Workout:
4 min. walk on treadmill for warmup
6 min. jog
10 min. bike ride @ 8 resistance (probably wussy, but all I could do...haha)
10 min. elliptical with 8 resistance and 10 incline (that Shannon pointed out to me...maybe that's why it burned so bad? ha.)
4.5 min. of walking cool-down on treadmill

At this point, I had hit my 500 mark. I changed my Polar to 'hard' and it still kept on with the high cal numbers compared to Cassandra's. Kinda weird, & I still can't figure out why they are so different. Except for my high heart rate...? Don't know why it's so high. I'm really not THAT unhealthy! I hope it's just genetic or something and not something serious.

I was at about 560 cals about to walk out of the gym when my husband finally showed back up from the weight room and dragged me into the cardio room where all of the yoga mats and balls are. He forced, yes, practically forced me (with a guilt trip) to join him in an ab workout. So, safe to say, my stomach is also super-sore. Can't wait for the cardio dance party class tomorrow afternoon though! It's gonna be fun to get to shake my booty for the workout, instead of this painful gym stuff. haha. I made it through day 3 though! Woo-hoo!

I also ate really well for lunch today. For my first time ever, I ate cold and uncooked broccoli with fat free ranch and then had a perfectly portioned grilled chicken caesar salad from my own kitchen! It's craziness, but I'm opened my mind up to changing my lifestyle and I'm loving it! Won't lie by not saying that the huge Hershey Kiss in the cabinet isn't calling my name...cuz it is. And I want it oh-so-badly.

1 comment:

  1. A friend and I were doing the exact same boot camp class, and we noticed her heart rate was consistently way higher than mine! She also burned like 250 more calories! I don't get it. We were doing the exact same stuff, and she's smaller than me, so I would have thought my heart rate would have been the higher one. It's weird how that stuff works!

    ReplyDelete