Tuesday, January 6, 2009

day 2: kelly

I was lucky enough to get to hook up with Cassandra for a kickboxing class this evening, and Sonia (the leader) kicked our butts. It was a little rough, but we survived through it and definitely burned off our 500. My Polar said I burned 724 cals to her 500-something in 56 minutes or so, but I think it's a hoax. Cass and I figured it might be because my watch was set on 'moderate' instead of 'hard', so I'm going to do my own experiment and see if it changes and matches hers after our workout tomorrow.

Kelly's tip: It's awesome having a workout buddy. If you don't have one, you need to try and find one. Enlist them into the program if you have to, but make them 'force' you to be active. It's so much easier & you feel double guilty about cancelling or saying 'no', ha.

Several times during the workout I felt like a limp noodle, but I kept kicking my butt into 'burn mode'. And man did it burn!! But, I feel good about it. At the end of the day, you can be proud of yourself while you are grabbing at your chubb, thinking...you won't be here for much longer. Yea, that's right. Adios my little flubby pet that I have been feeding so generously for months and months. All I hope is that this process really does make it go away! :)

I feel: slightly sore in my shoulders and tummy (feels good though) & happy about my efforts. :)

1 comment:

  1. "Adios my little flubby pet that I have been feeding so generously for months and months."

    That is sooooo funny! See you tomorrow for another 500!

    ReplyDelete