Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 3 (Meredith)

61 minutes
501 calories
elliptical

Workout:
I came home from work in a foul mood (copier was jamming, training was dull, too much to do, etc) and I jumped onto the elliptical without a second thought. I knew that I could convince myself to just eat dinner and feel sorry for myself, but I didn't want to go down that road. So, 1 hour later, I have met my daily goal. Yay!

Notes:
My Polar watch is awesome, don't get me wrong. BUT, it doesn't allow me to really get moving. Whenever I feel like I'm working up a sweat, it starts beeping because I'm over my target heart rate. I still end up working up a sweat (tmi? sorry), but I don't get out of breath. I'm going to mess around with it this evening and make sure the settings are okay. I'm afraid that if I start a class (at our community gym) like kickboxing, my watch will beep me out of the room. lol. I could just turn the beeping off...but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a heart rate monitor? I guess I feel like I could burn the calories much quicker if I could just go faster. But I don't want to hurt myself. Anyway.

Has anyone been adjusting their eating habits? I seem to be eating less (only slightly so), I think.

I feel:
Really good. :)

5 comments:

  1. I had to adjust the settings on my watch from moderate to hard. I felt the same way you did. My watch would beep saying over my hr zone and I wasn't even doing anything! Try switching to "hard" and see if that makes a difference.

    I'm proud of you for doing the workout! I know how those foul moods are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating habits: I've noticed I am making sort of better decisions...I ate oatmeal for breakfast today and eggs yesterday instead of leftover chocolate cake like I wanted to. I ate a decent lunch today, but I couldn't take it anymore: I just went and got a McRib Combo and it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I'm going to have to remember that on tough days at school, I just need to come home and workout right away. Or maybe that should just be the plan for every day.

    Eating: I definitely am thinking more about what I'm putting in my mouth. We've been cooking a lot more already and that makes me feel really good about what I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely change the settings to hard! Also, you can turn off the beeping! I did, because it annoyed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to workout when you are tempted to just rest! That is probably why you feel so good- and you should!!

    ReplyDelete