Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 5: Rachel

30 minutes intense cardio kickboxing = 252 calories
60 minutes walk/jog = about 400 calories

I am a jogging fool and I love it! I haven't been able to run since I was 19 because usually my knees hurt too badly. Here's hoping I can keep it up.

I went another route than the polar monitor. However, I may pick one up soon just for fun! I got the Nike-Ipod thing. You put it in your shoes (brand new Nike shox- my 1st pair ever!!! so excited!!!) and then attach to your ipod and it transmits times, speed, distance and computes calories burned for runners! So cool! Ipod was shipped today, so hopefully by Sunday I will be all high-teched out!

I love new toys!! Getting ready to lace up the new tennies and blast through Day 6!! I feel great- of course, I am on vacation and haven't had anything to do all week. Next week I will have classes again and slightly less free time for recovering (sleeping).

1 comment:

  1. I have the Nike+ thing!!! I love how it tracks my distances! I use the Polar watch for the calories (because it measures my heart rate) and the Nike+ for the running. You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete