Monday, January 5, 2009

Count me in on January 5th!

Well, I officially gave into my inner conscience and decided to get my butt off of the couch! I went and worked out today (Hallelujah!!)! The downward spiral is soon to turn itself upside down! God knows I need it too! I know how much of a struggle working out regularly is for me, so I'm counting on all of you to keep me motivated and to struggle through this process with me! I figure that a little public humiliation paired with an accountability system will be the only way I actually knock some weight off! So, here we go with the stats:

Weight: 153 (my all-time high...yuck!)
Height: 5'7"
Bust: 37
Waist: 30
Bicep: 12.5
Hip: 40 (WOW..haha)
Thigh: 23

I guess by all of those numbers, you can understand why my wedding dress was 'mermaid' style, hah.

I have a Polar watch also, and today's workout included the following to burn my first 500. And yes, I felt like spaghetti before I left the gym. It took 28 minutes of a run/walk on the treadmill to burn the first 375. Then I moved onto the elliptical for about 10 minutes and burned another 90 calories before I walked a 1/4 of a mile on the indoor track for another 7 minutes to get me the extra 35 to reach my goal. So, a recap: 500 calories took about 45 minutes. I, too, felt like quitting at the 200 cal mark. It was rough! Gotta go figure out what tomorrow's workout has in store for me! Thanks for letting me join in!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Kelly! It's so exciting to have all these new people! I think we will all really help motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Mrs. Sellers! I'm so glad you jumped on board! It'll be good for us, I promise...I hope.

    P.S. On the next post can you put your name in the title so we don't all get confused on who's saying what? ;)

    P.P.S. Did you go the the base gym?

    ReplyDelete