Thursday, January 8, 2009

day 6: cassandra.

Can you believe tomorrow's workout will make a whole WEEK that we've stuck to the plan!? I am so impressed with us!

Summary:
56:56
510 calories
Cardio Dance Party class

It was great! Kelly and I went up to the Community Center and shook our booties. I ended up burning488 in the class, so I then ran around the indoor track twice to hit 510. I kept telling Kelly during the class, "This is so much better than the treadmill!"

We are going back for the same class tomorrow morning. Yay!

How do I feel:
So, incredibly great. My husband has even noted my better, more positive attitude. It's so nice. I feel like I have some of my confidence back.

Notes:
I was thinking about this earlier today. Meredith's picture put this thought into my head: For all us being in our upper 20s...we're really not too shabby. I think we should remind ourselves of that in the midst of jeans not fitting and seeing 19-year-old's in their teeny tiny bikinis on the beach. We're just not that young anymore! And for all that we've been through (teaching, military deployments, family drama, etc. etc.) I'd say we're not that bad off. I'm sure individuals suffering from severe obesity would look at this blog and just roll their eyes and call us crazy for thinking that we "need" to lose weight. I think this blog has become more than just about weight loss, though, hasn't it?

Meredith's picture was taken almost five years ago. FIVE YEARS AGO she was 21, not 15, not 10. That was just an eye-opening moment for me. We are not kids. We are WOMEN with hips and husbands and jobs and bills and for what it's worth -- I think we're doing quite well.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is about fitness for me- I just like that fitness and the jeans I wanna wear again go hand in hand! A sedentay lifestyle can ruin your life and its such a slow and dangerous snowball effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here here!! To being wonderful women with hips and busy lives squeezing in time for ourselves to live better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! We are some sexy & dedicated grown-booty women! Doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I felt silly posting a picture that was taken so long ago, but I had to remind myself that if I'd been there before, I can be there again (within reason!).

    ReplyDelete