Saturday, January 3, 2009

day #2: cassandra.

Workout Summary: 504 calories burned in 47 minutes and 30 seconds. I was on the treadmill for 25 minutes doing intervals of running and walking (90 seconds jogging, 2 minutes walking, etc.) and then on the eliptical for 16 minutes. Weird number, I know. But that's all it took to get to 500 today! Oh, and I took about a 5 minute break between activities.

How do I feel? Awesome! I'll admit though that I felt like absolute poop this morning and I did NOT want to work out. I was sore and cranky and exhausted. But for the sake of the blog, I went to the gym and I am SO GLAD I did. I felt amazing after the workout. Tired, but strong. I don't feel sore or lethargic like I did before. My legs and arms don't feel heavy like they did this morning. Perhaps I worked it out?

Notes: (1) I took a "before" picture today in my favorite jeans that I can no longer wear comfortably. Not hot, I tell you. They are so extremely tight around my butt and thighs. I do believe that's where I gain all my weight, girls. (2) Part of me doesn't want to take a rest day tomorrow. I feel like if I stop, I'll stop for good. But I really do think a down day is sort of required, don't you?

1,000 calories down -- 14,000 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! It took you less time than yesterday. That's awesome.

    I'm torn about tomorrow as well because I haven't done a full week yet. I might workout tomorrow and start taking off Sundays next week. Although, that doesn't sound fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds great! I think I'll break out the treadmill and do something similar during my next workout. 47 minutes is not bad.

    I'm torn as well about taking tomorrow off.

    I think I will workout if I just can't stand it, but I'm not going to stress about it if I decide to just relax instead.

    ReplyDelete