Tuesday, May 5, 2009

thoughts.

Not much difference in weight this week or body fat %. But you know what? That's ok.

I've decided today that I am going to put forth the best effort I can and be happy with the results. I am trying really hard to "look good" for our Jamaica trip and just in general for my husband's homecoming. But if my best effort doesn't make me look like Jessica Biel, it's ok. Because let's face it...I'll never look like this without a personal trainer and nutritionist and hours upon hours of time to devote to the cause...

I will be happy with how I am. Period. Because I will know that I put in the effort, sweat, and pain! I am still hopeful for those next 20 days of the Shred, though. Shred me, Jill, shred me!!!

On that note, I'm not sure if I should keep measuring my body fat % on the scale. The results are so skewed. I think I might do the caliper thing from now on -(the pincher thingie) - which says that my body fat is at 26%. Much nicer :) I guess I'll do both from now on and see how they vary.

2 comments:

  1. I almost wrote a very similar post last night on my blog, but I'm trying to cool it with the workout/food talk. I know that's all I've been writing about, and I don't want to bore people to tears. Too bad that leaves me with nothing else to say!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that calipers are way more accurate than a scale's body fat readings. Of course calipers are also dependent on who is doing the measuring, but I'm sure you know how to use yours! I need to invest in one. Is it hard to do? I've had it done, but only by someone else.

    Also... you never said if you liked the sweet potato fries! Inquiring minds need to know!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete