Wednesday, May 27, 2009

half marathon training: week 2: tyly.

On the schedule for today was a 7 mile walk. A walk should be a piece of cake, right? Well it's not so easy when it's 7 miles at a brisk speed! At first I wondered why these long walks are even included as part of my training, but I get it now. It's a good way to prepare my legs, feet and mind for the longer distances. My legs and feet are tired after 7 miles! It's not too hard by any means, but it's not the easiest thing in the world. More than anything, it's preparing me mentally for long distance. It's easy to get bored and want to quit after the fist few miles, but having that goal in mind keeps me going. I need to be mentally tough enough to push through those times that I want to stop. I think these long, fast walks are a great preparation for what's to come.

2 comments:

  1. I would need an awesome iPod playlist for that. How long did it take you to walk that far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time I did it on the treadmill, and it took a little over 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete