Tuesday, May 19, 2009

half marathon training: week 1: tyly.

I did it!  I woke up at 5 am and ran for 25 minutes!

I have to get rid of my mental hang ups, because everything else went great!  I chose to do it inside on the treadmill because I didn't want to get fully dressed, and it was 52* outside.  The whole thing went quickly and much easier than I expected.  My hang up is that I can't quit obsessing over what the clock says and how much more time I have left.  Even though I'm fine, even though the run is going really well and easy, I still find myself asking and checking "How much longer?!" over and over.  I annoy myself.  I had Sex and the City on, and that helped.  There's nothing like an episode of SATC at 5 am!  Haha.  I'm sure I'll still find things to do this afternoon.  Max will still get his 3 mile walk, and we'll see what else I think of.  I am really glad the run was easy, though.  I hadn't run in for-e-ver, so I was worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment