Saturday, May 30, 2009

half marathon training: week 2: tyly.

I ran 2.5 miles today, and it felt great!  As I was running, I was both begging myself to keep going and begging myself to stop.  It's funny how running does that to you.  You want to stop so badly, but you want to push through at the same time.  I knew my legs were just fine.  My body was more than capable, but I was giving up mentally.  I'm so glad I didn't give in to my inner wimp.  The run today was way better than yesterday.  Yesterday I ran 2.0 miles in 27 minutes, and today I did 2.5 miles in 30:30.  So in only 3:30 more, I ran an extra half mile.  I never changed my speed from 5.0 the entire time.  My timed runs are going up from 25 minutes to 30 starting next week, so my distances should increase as well.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I know what you mean about what running does to you. Your runs are inside, right? Do you have plans to switch to some outside runs, too? I've been doing mine at about 7:00 at night and it's the perfect time--still light out and not as hot. I'm loving running outside! I figure my time will get better the more I run.

    ReplyDelete