Monday, May 25, 2009

no need for speed: a review.

Remember this book that I mentioned last night [on my personal blog]? I finished it today! I enjoyed it, and the sooner I listen to what he says [and what I already know], I'll be much better off.

He basically teaches that we need to be proud of all that we are accomplishing and learning during each and every run, regardless if it was a good or bad run. Just the fact that we get out there and run is an accomplishment in itself! He says we may not ever be as fast as those around us, but we don't have to be to be a real runner. So many people don't feel like real runners because they aren't fast enough, they don't run long enough distances, etc., but the truth is that we are all real runners, because we get out there and do it! There is no set of qualifications you must meet to be a real runner.

That is where I defeat myself. I don't enjoy running the way I should, because I am always frustrated that I didn't run faster, longer, etc. I need to let myself be proud of what I do accomplish instead of being mad about what I don't. I have to find patience and realize that speed and distance only come with training! I may not be a natural runner like some, but at least I have the courage to try! I won't ever run the fastest or the farthest, but I can [and should!] be proud of what I accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment