Monday, May 18, 2009

half marathon training: week 1: tyly.

Today was an easy day.  Max and I went on a 3 mile walk, and I did strength training for my arms.  I upped the dumbbells to 10 pounds, and wow that made a huge difference!  All the programs I've looked into have days dedicated to strength training.  It's hard, because without the cardio I feel like I haven't done anything today!  I feel like I'm taking it too easy, but I'm following exactly what the plan says to do.  Even though I feel like a slacker, I want to stick to the plan.  Ugh.  I guess the pros know what they're talking about!  I really do feel like a bum, though!

I'm trying to decide when to do my run tomorrow.  Living here in Texas, it's hot until sundown!  I may wake up extra early and do it then.  Craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment