Tuesday, May 26, 2009

half marathon training: week 2: tyly.

My alarm went off at 4:50 am, and I drug myself out of bed. It wasn't easy! At all. I upped the treadmill speed by .4, so now I'm running at a 5.0. I think I'll leave it that way for a little while until I find it too easy. I did my 25 minutes and covered 2.05 miles, and I'm ok with that for now. I'm faster outside, but I'm not going to give up on the treadmill. It's too convenient! The very first 25 minute treadmill 'run' I did last week was at 4.0 and covered 1.65 miles, so obviously there has been some improvement. I thought about slowing down a few times while I was running, but I knew I would be really mad and disappointed in myself if I did. Besides, I didn't need to slow down -- my body was fine. I just wanted to slow down because I was feeling lazy. I'm glad I didn't give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment