Sunday, February 15, 2009

where i go from here: emily

Cassandra, I did read your post, and I just needed some time to get my frustrations out and figure out where I wanted to go from here. But I agree with you, we should finish this. I haven't blogged about my last two workouts, but I did them, and I'm know 5 workouts away from 30 days.

This weekend I bitched and moaned to Matt about how little improvement I saw from this working out, and he reminded me that I may not see a difference in pounds right away, but I had probably gained muscle, and I was getting my body used to a routine of working out. This is true. I do feel stronger.

One thing I know about myself is that I've always wanted to be a runner. Not a competitive runner (ain't gonna happen), but someone that can go out and run a few miles and really enjoy it. I've done 5Ks before and I never finish them with running. I always have to start walking. I tried the Couch to 5K program once before but I quit early and I realize that's lame! SO, I'm going to start Couch to 5K again. I now live near a school track when before I was trying to do C25K around my neighborhood, dodging around cars and parking lots. It wasn't pretty.

I signed up for the Texas Round-Up 5K here in Austin. I've done it the last two years, but the first time was strictly walking and the last time was partial running/mostly walking. This year I want to run it all. It's at the end of April, so I think I can do it.

So, we'll see how this goes. What I like about Couch to 5K is that it gradually gets you up to running for 30 minutes straight.

I will get my last 5 workouts for the 30 days through that, and I will keep going. Not sure that I'll be burning 500 calories, and I haven't decided what to do about that. Maybe on the days when I don't run, I should do the bike at home and try to burn 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment