Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the ultimate challenge.

I'm doing it!  I'm training for this.  A half marathon (13.1 miles).  And by broadcasting it, I am forcing myself to be accountable.  I can't let myself (or anyone else) down!

I'm in a place right now where I am feeling very powerful and uplifted.  I need to do this.  I can't look back 10 years from now and regret not pushing myself to do all that I can do.  I am in the best shape of my life, and it can only get better from here.  I have never been a runner, so this is the absolute ultimate challenge for me.  5Ks (3.1 miles) aren't easy for me, and I'm going to add another 10 miles to it?!  Yes.  Yes I am.

I've been looking at thisthis and this training schedule.  I am going to finish out The Shred, and as soon as that's done, it's go time.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Hal's training schedule. I can't wait to read your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You ARE insane! Haha, just kidding! I think that's great you want to push yourself like this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, Emily -- I will only be able to update if I live through it! You're giving me too much credit. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i'm so glad you found hal higdon's training! i kinda followed that one when i ran in san angelo! i'll probably follow that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will make it. I never thought I could run 3.1 miles! The training program will get you there.

    ReplyDelete