Monday, April 20, 2009

Checking in: Emily

Hey ladies!! It's so great to see you all keeping up with your workouts (and welcome, Sara!).

I've been sticking with my running and I feel great! I completed the Couch to 5K plan and the Texas Round Up 5K is this Saturday. Where does the time go?? I will be ready after I get a few more runs in this week. My last two runs (this week and the ONE I did last week--sad) were rough. Even though I've run for 30 minutes straight before, today I just got so tired and hot and had to walk. I don't think I was hydrated enough.

So, I'm going to run every day this week and get myself nice and ready to run the full time on Saturday. I don't care about my time.

I love being a runner, if I can call myself that. Our new neighborhood will have a running path and I'm so excited! I dream of summer runs in the hot sun, followed by a jump in our community pool.

Keep it up, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I look forward to reading all about the 5k!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, since you ran in the Texas Round-Up 10K, I thought you might be interested in this opportunity for virtually free access to our fitness website for being a TX resident. The details to Make Texas Fit Day on Friday May 1st are found here...http://tinyurl.com/c9tc2r
    Please feel free to pass this on to all your TX friends and family.

    ReplyDelete