Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texas Round Up 5K: emily

I ran my first 5K this morning! I had a great time, even though I had some minor issues and even though it was so FREAKING humid!! I posted about it on my blog, so you can read all about it there.

Here's a picture of me and my friends Karen and Jordan, who also ran.


I am a slow, SLOW runner, so I finished at about 34 minutes, but I'm fine with that. I walked a hill because I was getting very winded. So, my goal is to do another 5K in the future and eventually get to running the entire time.

The great thing is that a year ago I did this 5K and almost walked the whole thing. A year later to run practically the entire time? Kick butt!!

2 comments:

  1. 34 minutes is NOT slow by my standards!! YAY for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I am so stinkin' proud of all of us!

    ReplyDelete