Sunday, April 5, 2009

day 34: cassandra and the toxic wind

*cough cough*
*hack hack*

I just finished a workout from Crossfit Football. The workout was intense, but survive-able. The wind outside?! Not so much!!!

I only worked out a total of 18 minutes and knocked out 142 calories. But hey, it's better than nothing.

Here's the workout I did:
One minute for each round (so, this workout is really only meant to be 7 minutes long; I did it in about 9. Crazy!!) I did this at the high school football field. You run some yards and back, then do some burpees. Sounds easy, huh?

1 - 10 yards and back, 1 burpee
2 - 20 yards and back, 2 burpees
3 - 40 yards and back, 4 burpees
4 - 80 yards and back, 8 burpees (the killer!!!!!)
5- 40 yards and back, 4 burpees
6 - 20 yards and back, 2 burpees
7 - 10 yards and back, 1 burpee

So, the workout was insane, especially towards the middle and my heart rate was through the roof, but I was ok until the effects of the psycho wind hit me! I had wanted to run the bleachers or at least run the track after this workout and I tried...but...I seriously thought I was going to hurl.

I must have done the workout with my mouth open or something, because after it was over, I felt an intense burning in my lungs and throat and then my teeth started hurting and my saliva tasted like blood. WEIRD!!

I attempted to run the track, but I stopped halfway and HAD to get out of that wind. The whole way home I felt incredibly weak and couldn't stop coughing. I've been coughing up mucus and dirt ever since then. Who knew the wind was so toxic?!

Crossfit Football workout: Kick ass.
Working out in the wind: Never again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment