Saturday, April 25, 2009

day 42/shred #3: cassandra

I feel on top of the world!

Working out is such a mental thing. I did NOT want to do it today but then I went to Walmart to cask some checks and I picked up this new book, "Hungry Girl 200 under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories."

I still wasn't motivated to work out but then I got through the checkout line and saw another spouse in our squadron holding hands with her husband. He had JUST gotten home from Iraq last week. And as much as my heart ached to see them together, it made me happy. After all, they both did their time. He had been gone since the week before Christmas.

And for some unknown reason, this inspired me to workout! What?! I guess I just figured, "You know what? I could sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself and keep eating crap and keep getting bigger and lazier, or I could do something about it!" Seeing them holding hands and being happy made me want to make myself better. Plus, I want to look HOT for when Aaron does come home. Like I said, it's all mental.

Summary:
27 minutes
230 calories
Shred

10 mins
100 calories
Dancing in my garage to music that makes me happy

My calves are still hurting like crazy on the jumping jacks, butt kicks, and jump rope, but I fought through the pain. I don't know how long this high is going to last, but I feel good right now. And I needed this boost. So thank you everyone. You guys are keeping me accountable and I couldn't feel more happy with myself right now.

Oh, and is it crazy to think I am already seeing some slight results after only 3 days?? That's probably in my head, huh?

4 comments:

  1. I wish you could do the Facebook "like" here. If that was enabled, I would do it for this post. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! Keep that high going as long as possible. I love the workout high!

    Let us know how that cookbook is. I love the Hungry Girl website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not too soon to see results after 3 days, because I did too!! I can see a difference in my arms, and I'm just now starting to see a difference in my abs.

    I'm so glad that you are uplifted!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I've never heard of that book! I'm definitely going to be looking for it!!!

    ReplyDelete