Sunday, June 14, 2009

half marathon training: week 5: tyly.

Oh man. I waited too long to go on my run this morning. I played around online, and I decided to walk Max first. By the time I started my run it was 8:30 am, and you would think that would be ok. Um, NO. It was sooooo hot, and I was miserable. I was pouring buckets of sweat as the sun was beating down on me. Yes, at 8:30 am! Never again. 6 am from now on! I decided to try and make it a bit more bearable by going to different areas of the neighborhood. I was hoping that pretty houses would distract me. FAIL. They are pretty houses on not-so-pretty HILLS. I had no idea that part of the neighborhood was so dang hilly! They weren't real steep ones; just a bunch of the slow, gradual ones. Yes, a bunch. Not one or two, it was the whole dang area! I was trying sooo hard to be thankful for my working legs, heart, lungs, etc., but I wasn't sure how much longer they'd be working! I was so miserable!

On a good note, I was so desperate to finish my 3 miles that I pushed myself to run faster than normal. I'm really proud of my time given the heat and hills. Stats: 3.0 miles, 32:53, 10:57 minute/mile average.

1 comment:

  1. My whole neighborhood is hilly like that. It's miserable!!! Gladyou got it done, though!

    ReplyDelete