Thursday, June 18, 2009

half marathon training: week 5: tyly.

I was not feeling 100% today.  I had a scratchy throat all night last night, and it even woke me up at 1 am.  I took a few pills, drank some water, and went back to bed.  When the alarm went off at 5 am, I was not a happy camper.  I tried to run, but I just felt so exhausted.  I did 1 mile at 5.0 and decided to finish the rest after school.  To me, breaking up my run defeats the purpose because I'm not running the entire distance at once, but I didn't have the 3 miles in me this morning.  I was still really congested, my throat still hurt, and I coughed up some nasty phlegm (gross).  I was not at my best.  I'm not sick, so there must be something in the air.

Anyway, this afternoon I completed the run, but I definitely still wasn't at my best.  My throat is still really scratchy (my voice sounds ridiculous), and I am still having congestion issues.  I did finish the 2.0 miles in 25:00.  Not great, but not too horrible considering I'm not at 100%.  I'm proud of myself for sucking it up and making myself do it.

I'm a bit bummed that I had to split the run (I've never done that before), but I guess I should be happy that I did it.

I know better than to run when I am sick and my body needs to rest... but I'm not sick.  There must be something in the air triggering this, because other than the scratchy throat and congestion, I'm fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment