Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sure, why not?

I'll give it a go. Let's do this thing! On January 2nd, of course.

I'm going to need to think about what exactly I am going to do to burn the 500. 500 is a lot, as I'm used to burning around 350-400 on my elliptical. And...day after day...the elliptical is going to start getting incredibly boring. School starts back up next week, so I'm going to need to be organized and creative with my workout plans. Must brainstorm.

I like taking Sundays off, and I'm very anxious to see what kind of results I'll get from this.

I guess I'll post all of my "before" stats when you do, Cass. If I have to.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you can write on this Meredith! How fun!

    And yes, the eliptical is going to get boring day in and day out. I plan on doing a whole bunch of different things in order not to get burnt out. I think the first day I'll do one of my P90X videos and if I haven't hit 500 by then, get on the rower or go run around my neighborhood. Do you have a calorie-counting watch thingie?

    I plan on posting the ugly stats tomorrow or the next day. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no calorie counting watch thingie. I can go buy something, though. I had originally planned to use the internet and base it against what my elliptical said to determine calories burned, but I think having something attached to me telling me what I'm doing might be a better way to go. I've been wanting something like that, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd definitely get a watch. I don't know how else I'd be able to keep track! It will also keep me motivated..."100 more to go, 50 more to go, etc."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using a Polar watch (or something similar) will be a lot more accurate than what the elliptical or the internet tells you. The Polar has a chest strap that measures your heartbeat, so the calorie counting is extremely accurate! Plus you have to enter all your data, so it bases your calories burned on that as well.

    Good luck, ladies!

    ReplyDelete