Tuesday, December 30, 2008

put on your lab coats.

So, I'm not making a New Year's resolution because I think they're stupid and they never work out.

I am, instead, going to conduct an experiment, a research study if you will, on the effects of burning 500 calories a day for 30 days straight. What will it do?

I'm going to find out.

Beginning January 1, 2009, I will commit myself to burning 500 calories each and every day in some form of exercise. My handy-dandy calorie-counting watch will be my reliability.

I don't plan on altering my eating habits too much, as they tend to be moderately healthy in the first place. I just want to see, quite simply, what burning an extra 15,000 calories a month will do to this 26-year-old, slightly overweight, currently sedentary body.

I will have the ugly "before" figures, measurements, and stats posted sometime between now and January 1st. I will also write a daily post of my activities, my successes, and my woes.

Sound crazy? It probably is. But if grad school taught me anything, it's that one will do anything in the name of research.

500 a day for 30 days. Can she do it?! We're gonna find out!

1 comment:

  1. You CAN do it!!!

    This is definitely going to lead to some weight loss! I'm sure you already know this, but burning 3,500 more calories than you eat will cause you to drop 1 pound. Like you said, you'd be burning an extra 15,000 calories on top of your normal daily activities that already burn calories!!!

    I'm so excited to read all about your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete